Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Refined Sugar Free | Serves 1 |
Lately this bowl has been one of my favorite things to make for breakfast. If you had a heavy meal the night before this is a great way to start your day. It's light, filling and more satisfying than you might think. If you don't eat eggs you could always substitute it out for some tofu.
- 2 poached eggs
- 1 cup of chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup of mixed greens
- everything but the bagel seasoning
- cracked black pepper
- chili powder
- Poach 2 eggs (some good instructions for this can be found here:https://downshiftology.com/recipes/poached-eggs/) I generally just bring some water in a pot to a boil then turn it down to medium heat so the water is simmering. Then I crack my egg into a small dish and then add it to the simmering water. Once it looks done I take it out with a large spoon, this only takes a couple minutes usually.
- Chop cabbage and celery.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add chopped cabbage and celery. Add approx. 2 tbsp of water and a dash of chili powder. Cover with a lid and steam to desired tenderness.
- Make a bowl by adding mixed greens, cooked cabbage and celery, poached eggs, everything but the bagel seasoning and cracked black pepper.
Follow my social channels for more recipe ideas and wellness tips!