Vegan | Serves 1 |
Sometimes a grilled sandwich is essential after a long week. This recipe is completely vegan but you could add cheese or meat if you want. I made this recipe with some sourdough bread but you could swap that out for your favorite gluten free bread.
If you want to make the Yam Fries on the side simply just cut up a yam into skinny fry shapes and toss in the oven with avocado oil and smoked paprika for 20-25 minutes or until they start to crisp up.
- your favorite bread (I chose sourdough)
- vegan butter
- red pepper
- yellow onion
- vegan pesto sauce (I used Le Grand Garden Pesto)
- cracked black pepper
- avocado oil
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Cut up 1 red pepper and 1/4 of a yellow onion. Add to baking sheet with 1 tbsp of avocado oil and bake for 10-15 minutes.
3) Heat up a skillet on medium heat.
4) Prepare your sandwich to be grilled; butter the outside of your bread, spread the pesto sauce on the inside, add roasted peppers and onion, add spinach and top with cracked black pepper.
5) Grill on your skillet for 2-3 minutes per side, until browned.