Gluten Free | Vegan | Serves 4 |
This vegan chili is loaded with yams and kidney beans. It's super simple and inexpensive to make and is great if you're meal prepping for the week.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 medium sized yams
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- cracked black pepper
1) Chop garlic, onion and bell pepper then add to a large pot on medium heat.
2) Chop yams into small-medium sized cubes and add to pot.
3) Add 3 cups of vegetable broth and and spices.
4) Bring to boil on high heat and then reduce heat to medium and simmer with lid on for 15 minutes or until yams are soft.
5) Add kidney beans and tomato sauce. Let simmer for another 10 minutes.
6) Remove from heat, stir and enjoy!